The The Regional Medical Center of Acadiana's mission states that "we are committed to the care and improvement of human life". In pursuit of our mission, we have organized a group of our expertly trained physicians and medical professionals who are available to speak to your business or organization.
Below is a list of topics we have prepared. To schedule a speaker, or if you do not see the topic you would like us to present, please contact Lisa Landry 337-989-6764 or Trevis Badeaux 337-521-9172 to discuss your needs.
- Mammogram Basics – What is it? When should I have one?
- MRI 101 – What is it? When should I have one? What does it show that a mammogram does not?
- Self Breast Exam Basics
- Breast Density – What you should know and why?
- Breast Cancer: Family Ties – What role hereditary plays.
- FDA Testing of New Tumor-Targeting Medicines.
- Breast Cancer Prevention – Steps you can take to reduce your risk.
- Mammogram Myths – Many preconceived notions mislead women to avoid regular mammograms.
- Breast Surgery - What Can I Expect?
- Implant Impact – How implants and breast reductions impact self breast exams and mammograms.
- Diabetes Basics
- Diabetes in Acadiana – How prevalent is it here? What are typical complications? Does age play a factor? is there a link between diabetes and obesity?
- Diabetes & Heart Disease – Diabetes patients have a greater risk of a cardiovascular or heart disease diagnosis,why? What is the link are there steps someone with diabetes can do to reduce their risk?
Heart & Vascular Health
- Heart Attack: Am I At Risk?
- All About Cholesterol
- Women & Heart Disease
- Diabetes & Heart Disease
- Lifestyle Changes to Heal Your Heart
- How to Choose a Cardiologist
- So, You Need Heart Surgery…What’s Next?
- Peripheral Artery Disease 101
- Limb Salvage: The Future Is Now – Ground-breaking techniques developed in Acadiana to help diabetes, cardiovascular and other patients reduce limb loss.
- Varicose Veins – What causes them? What are the treatment options?
- Cajuns, Creoles & Clogged Arteries – Does our Acadiana culture make us more susceptible to this cardiovascular diagnosis? Does heredity play a role? What are treatment options? What screening options are available?
- Blood Pressure Basics
- Heart Disease: The Cholesterol Connection
- Corporate Cardiology: Busy Executives & Heart Health
- Heart Murmurs: Are They Dangerous?
- Pediatric Neurosurgery – Tumor removal and other interesting cases performed in Acadiana.
- Head’s Up on Headaches – There may be more to the pain than you realize.
- Pediatric Cancer
- Celebrate Life
Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
- Weekend Warriors: Common Injuries – Tennis elbow? Carpal tunnel syndrome? Back pain? Weekend warriors and workaholics punish their bodies on a regular basis, but there are things you can do to help prevent injury.
- Concussions & Youth Athletes – A state law passed in 2011 makes it mandatory for a youth athlete with even the slightest head injury on the playing or practice field to sit out the rest of the game and seek medical evaluation for a concussion. Experienced physicians provide insight and information on what local medical professionals, schools and youth leagues are doing to protect young athletes in Acadiana.
- Exercise & Osteoporosis
- Preventing Sports Injuries
- Bone Density: Why It Matters
- Hip Replacement Surgery
- Knee Replacement Surgery
- Childhood Obesity
- Childhood Diabetes
- Pediatric Cancer
- Pediatric Blood Disorders
- Kids On The Geaux: A Pediatric Weight Loss Program
- What and How Much Should Your Child Eat?
- School Lunch & The Food Plate
- School Immunizations
- Pediatric First Aid
- Pediatric CPR
- Playground Safety 101
- Pediatric Surgery: The Art of Treating Acadiana's Smallest Patients
- Bad Behavior & Sleep
- ADD & ADHD: A Closer Look
- Cast Care
- Childhood Allergies
- Pediatric Heart Murmur
- Youth Athletes Sports Clearance
- Cardiology Screens for Children Diagnosed with ADD & ADHD
- PDA Ligation
- W.H.A.L.E. Program (Pediatric Safety)
- Sudden Impact Program (Adolescent Car Safety)
- Childhood Growth Disorders
- Kids and Headaches
- Misdiagnosis of Sleep Disorders as ADHD
- Snoring: Cause & Effect
- Snoring & Sleep Disorders
- Sleep Deprivation: Impact on General Health
- PDA Ligation – A common diagnosis few know exists. What is it? What causes it?
- Hemorrhoid Surgery: A Less Painful Alternative – THD is a new surgical procedure that significantly reduces discomfort after hemorrhoid surgery when compared with more well known methods.
- The Gall Bladder Epidemic – Ask around. Few families in Acadiana are not impacted by gall bladder disease. From stones to an infected organ, many reasons have led several Acadiana residents to have their gall bladder removed. What is the gall bladder? What is its purpose? What causes gall stones? When should I have it removed? Can I live without it?
- Appendix Basics – What is it? What is its purpose? What are the symptoms that something is not right? When is surgery required? Can I live without it?
- Bladder Slings & Other Suspension Techniques
- Kidney Stones – What causes them? How can I prevent them? Relief is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year at the Dauterive Hospital Stone Center.
- Incontinence 101 – It is uncomfortable to discuss and harder to live with. What are the root causes? What are the treatment options?
- Vasectomy Basics – A growing number of men choose to undergo the procedure to reduce the possibility of having more children. What is involved? Are there other benefits to the procedure? Can it be reversed?
- Prostate Cancer & Cryotherapy Treatment
- Bladder Slings
- Voiding Dysfunction
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Pelvic or Bladder Pain
- Overactive Bladder
- Dietary Modifications vs. Medication
- Influenza Vaccines – Some say you can get sick from them, others say they don’t do much to protect you. What are the facts? What is in the vaccine? What are the risks?
- Aging: The Human Body Impact – As we age, our body changes. What you need to know about common changes for men and women and how you should react.
- Immunizations 101 -- When should adults and children get them? Are any elective? What are the benefits?
- Natural Supplements: Safe or Troublesome – Do they protect from illness? Which ones are safe? What impact do they have on the body?
- Smoking: Its Impact & Why You Should Stop
- Stress: Why It Matters & What You Can Do About It
- The Skin Cancer Threat – How to recognize it? What treatment options exist? What you can do to avoid it?
- Vitamins: The Basics – What should I be taking? How much? What role does activity, inactivity and age play?
- The Skinny on Dieting – Are diet drugs safe? Are the new protein-rich, low-calorie diets the way to go? What about hunger-suppressing shakes?
- Preventative Screenings for Women
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- First-Time Moms
- Breast Surgery
- Women and Heart Disease
- Family First Aid Basics
- Family CPR Basics
- Kids Transport Team – Around for more than a decade, the NICU and PICU divisions of this team in tandem with Acadian Ambulance provide a valuable and needed service for rural Acadiana hospitals.
- Fireworks Safety – Recreational use of fireworks around Christmas, Easter and other holidays is on the rise in Acadiana. What you can do to protect you and your family? What are typical injuries? How prepared are area Emergency Departments to handle injuries that may result from misuse?
- Preventing Workplace Injuries