Time Saving Tip: Soup may be prepared a day ahead.
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Servings and Times
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1.0
Ingredients and Preparation
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, celery, and garlic; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in curry powder, coriander, and crushed red pepper; cook for 1 minute.
- Add water and broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes to develop flavors.
- Stir in pumpkin and half-and-half; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Transfer mixture to food processor or blender (in batches, if necessary); cover.
- Blend until creamy. Serve warm or reheat to desired temperature.
- Garnish with dollop of sour cream and chives.
Time Saving Tip: Soup may be prepared the day ahead. Cool to room temperature after adding pumpkin and half-and-half. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, blend then reheat to serving temperature, but do not boil.