Heart Institute Links
At Regional, your heart's in the right place.
The Regional Medical Center of Acadiana is here to help you take care of your heart by bringing nationally recognized cardiovascular care to Lafayette. Our nationally recognized program and team of board-certified physicians ensures that you receive the highest quality of care.
What is The Heart Institute?
The Heart Institute is located on the third floor of The Regional Medical of Acadiana. It represents results of a two-year effort by hospital staff and our multi-disciplinary team of physicians involved in the planning and development of the Institute.
The Heart Institute houses the following:
- Cardiovascular Operating Room
- Cardiovascular Hybrid Operating Room
- Cardiovascular Recovery Unit
- Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit
- Patient Rooms designed for heart and vascular patients
The Institute is designed to minimize the need to move the cardiovascular patient throughout the hospital and creates a “single-stop” destination for cardiovascular care. The goal is to improve patient, family and physician satisfaction and increase patient efficiencies.
The Heart Institute also encompasses other cardiovascular services located in the hospital:
- The Murmur Clinic – first floor
- Chest Pain Emergency Services – first floor
- Cardiovascular Catheterization Labs – 2nd floor
- Cardiac Rehabilitation – first floor
For more information or to make a referral, please call
The Heart Institute (337) 406-4127